Financial Access Committee
Be part of We Will Not Be Indifferent
Let’s take action together! Be part of our efforts to support Oakland youth and demonstrate that We Will Not Be Indifferent to the needs of our community’s future leaders. This Committee will play an integral role in our efforts to bolster youth success and empowerment through Financial Access. The Financial Access pilot program provides peer educators with hands-on financial training and tools to increase their knowledge of financial responsibility and train their peers in financial best practices.
Together we will increase visibility and raise $175,000 which will support:
- 8 peer educators as they train 100 of their peers on financial services, which in turn will increase the number of youth who have bank accounts and increase the visibility of financial barriers regionally and promising practices (solutions)
- Participate in a round table co-led by youth financial access educators
- Support career exploration in banking and finance by hosting an intern or company field trip
- Serve as a Panel Coach or Panel Judge with youth
- Sponsor a youth’s savings goals by investing in financial match
- Attend our October 2018 campaign celebration
Committee Member Commitments:
Lead and report out at Committee meetings (4)
Recruit Committee participants
Provide leadership and bring friends to events Secure corporate partnerships
Attend our October 2018 celebration event
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a Committee Member for the Financial Access Committee, please contact Veronica Churchill, Marketing & Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510.285.6290.